This got me thinking of some things I have always wanted to try in the kitchen but not got round to. Maybe making a list will give me the push to give it a go. Worth a shot right?
- Bread. I have made one loaf in the past, it was not amazing. I would really like to try and master this skill - try baking bread rolls, focaccia and other types of bread. Any tips greatly taken. I have plenty of books which cover the subject just always been a bit scared.
- Macaroons. I adore these, never made these (people say they are difficult right?. However I really want to try and make them. Again I am scared....
- Meringues. I know I know. This is not difficult, but it is just something I have never made.
- Pasta. Ok so you can buy pasta easily I know that. However I would like to attempt to make my own at least once. DO you really need a pasta machine to make it?
- Pastry. All types - I have never made a pie or a tart - therefore I would like to make both.
- Profiteroles. Well I cross these off my list. Whooop!!
- Jam. Savoury and Sweet - I love chili jam.
- Tart Tatin. I love the look of this.
- Roulade / Swiss Roll. Oh how I love thee.
- Two tier cake (at least)