Hello and welcome to my little corner of the blogging world if you have found me via Jennifer Organised Blog hop!
I am in general not an organised person.
I am most of the time - in a constant faff, confused and forgetful.
This does not bode well hey? For starting off an organised blog post.
But I am able to face facts about my lack of organisational skills. Which means in fact I have to work even harder to BE organised.
There are small things which I do which make being a working mum (with a LOT of hobbies!!) possible to get by in everyday life. In NO WAY am I never not forgetful etc. (it’s funny because as work the girls all think I am super organised, my husband on the other hand has a different view on the situation)
1. I meal plan. It’s a simple statement but that’s how I get through my working week. I plan meals for Monday to Friday for us (taking into account that for 3 of those days I am work, so quick simple dishes is what is called for) Monday and Fridays I plan meals that is suitable for all 3 of us as a family. I try and plan meals that if things don’t happen as planned (i.e. late in from work etc.) they will last to maybe the weekend. I like using my cookbooks as inspiration which spurs me on to try new things here and there (I LOVE COOKBOOKS!) It helps me save money and helps me through away less wastage. Win WIN.
2. I plan my working wardrobe for the week and the boys outfits for my work days at the beginning of the week. I mainly wear dresses to work so adding a pair of tights if chilly instead of bare legs is not hassle. The boy has ‘nursery’ clothes which is perfect as he gets VERY mucky!! I lay his clothes out in piles, all ready to grab and go first thing in the morning. (and If i remeber I get PJ's out the night before too!!) I have a tight scheduale to keep to in the mornings I woke - it is very much get up and go (this includes getting myself ready, a 2.5 year old ready and dragging my husband out of bed too!!!)
3. Days I am at work (where possible) I try and plan to fit in a little me time on my lunch break. As most busy mums most of the time this is hard to come by. On my lunch break I might read a few chapters of my book or knit a few rows of my knitting (I have yet to carry a scrapbooking kit and pull that out on my lunch break, but hey you never know!) I alwasy pack my kindle and my knitting in my bag - therefore when the moment allows I am totally prepared!
4. I am still projectlifeing, yes ( I know not posted!) but I am still attempting to fit this into my everyday life. To do so, you need to be organised (well I do at least!) A lot of the time (more so recently!) I have not had the time to be able and work on this for long periods of time. Instead I approach this is stages. First lists (I love a good list) of the things/photos etc. that happened this week. Second, plan pages what goes where, what I need to print (out come the post it notes!). Third, print photos and place in pockets. Then once at this stage when I find those free 5 minutes here and there I have the ability to work on a pocket at time or if I have the luxuary of a longer time I can.
5. I like to plan. I like to know what is happening when. (for example I already know in July we have a wedding, 2 BBQ's, a chirstening/1st birthday, a friends birthday and my nan's birthday - these are just Weekend things, let alone normal day to day things!) and since having a child and becoming parents it seems our social lives have just changed competlty. Planning a night out for a friends birthday or out for dinner is no longer as simple as saying yes. It is includes can we take M, if so what time, will he need a late nap, should I pack him snacks, can he stay over night with someone, what clothes do they already have at theres, do I need to pack extra nappies or do they have them. My mind is on this contanst whirr of 'have I forgetten something' . I have a checklist in my head of things.... I have yet to find a way of making all of the above less of a concern (if you have any tips let me know) But I do know, I like to know what is happening and when. Once I have this information I am much more calm. I do not cope well with unceratian (however I have been getting better at this!)
Even though from the outset the above points would indicate I am a fairly organised as stated at the begining I am not.
I alwasy forget where I put my keys or work pass.
I am RUBBISH at filing home paperwork, but put them in 'places' instead of somewhere useful.
I lose the remotes quite frequently.
I cannot plan things (I am more of a follower, tell where I got to be and what time and I happy!)
I go to crops taking everything I can physically carry (but if I have time I will page kit!!)
I can't seem to go anywhere without a MASSIVE handbag.
If any of you lovely readers (and bloggers!) have any suggestions on the above, I would LOVE IT!!
Now each lovely blog along this hop has a letter for you to collect. Once you've got them all, and reached the end of the hop, you can email Jennifer the phrase you've collected. All entries must be received by Monday the 2nd of July at 11.59pm BST, and all the correct answers will be put into a draw to win a gorgeous prize package of October Afternoon 9 to 5 and Studio Calico Take Note items, worth over £25! Your next stop along the hop is Louise.
Thanks for stopping by.. Enjoy the hop.
Your letter is ...d...